In an effort to give city commuters better insight into which vehicles deliver the best driving experience in urban settings, the editors at Cars.com have developed a new "Top 10 Urban Cars" list. We are pleased to announce that two Kia models - the 2011 Kia Soul and 2011 Kia Forte Five-Door hatch - made the ranks, adding to the automaker's fast growing list of honors and accolades.
What were the Kia Soul and Kia Forte hatch up against? Fifty other autos, each of which was scrutinized for its length, visibility, fuel economy, side mirrors (in a city, folding is a must!), parking aids, and ability to turn tight circles.
Benefits of Driving a 2011 Kia Soul in an Urban Setting, According to Cars.com
- Tied for fourth shortest car, with a length of just 161.6 inches
- Turning circle: 34.4 feet
- Seats five
- Competitive fuel economy: 24-26 mpg
- Notable attributes: Distinct, boxy shape; trendy interior, speakers that illuminate in sync with the beat of music
Benefits of Driving a 2011 Kia Forte Hatch in an Urban Setting, According to Cars.com
- Length: 170.9 inches
- Second shortest turning circle: 33.8 feet
- Seats five
- Competitive fuel economy: 22-25 mpg
- Notable attributes: Suite of standard features (i.e., Sirius XM Satellite Radio capabilities, MP3 connectivity, Bluetooth, steering-wheel mounted controls...) and extra cargo room